Twolinescanformaninfinitenumberof______.更新时间:2022-08-12 06:28:11 A、ankles
Questions 6 to 10 are based on the following passage:
In order to learn to be one’s true self, it is necessary to obtain a wide and extensive knowledge of what has been said and done in the world; critically to inquire into it; carefully to consider it; clearly to analyze it; and earnestly to carry it out.
It matters not what you learn, but when you once learn a thing, you must never give it up until you have mastered it. It matters not what you inquire into, but when you once inquire into a thing, you must never give it up until you have thoroughly understood it. It matters not what you try to think out, but when you once try to think out a thing, you must never give it up until you have got what you want. It matters not what you try to carry out, but when you once carry out a thing, you must never give it up until you have don’t it thoroughly and well.
If another man succeeds by one effort, you will use a hundred efforts. If another man succeeds by ten efforts, you will use a thousand.
6. According to the author, first of all one must .
A. analyze B. inquire C. obtain knowledge D. act
7. According to the author, .
A. learning is not important B. thinking is not necessary
C. knowledge means little D. it is not important what we learn
8. The end of learning should be .
A. thought B. mastery C. inquiry D. analysis
9. According to the author, another man’s success should .
A. make greater efforts B. make us nervous
C. not be taken into consideration D. cause one to stop trying
10. The author implies but does not say what .
A. the way to knowledge is through specialization
B. one has to know everything to be successful
C. success depends not so much on natural ability as it does on effort
D. success in one’s profession is latest important in one’s life
This sick man was _____ in a blanket.
Part II Vocabulary and Structure
Directions: In this part there are forty incomplete sentences. Each sentence is followed by four choices. Choose the one that best completes the sentence and then mark your answer on the Answer Sheet.
21. The teacher the students on a tour through the art museum.
A. made B. indicated C. forced D. took
22. Tom’s parents died when he was a child, so he was by his relatives.
A. grown up B. brought up C. raised D. fed up
23. Here is my card. Let’s keep in .
A. touch B. relation C. connection D. friendship
24. So far there is no proof people from other planets do exist.
A. which B. how C. what D. that
25. The newspapers reported yesterday several on the boundaries of these two countries.
A. incidents B. happenings C. events D. accidents
26. We’ve worked out the plan and now we must put it into .
A. fact B. reality C. practice D. deed
27. He didn’t and so he failed the examination.
A. work enough hard B. hard work enough C. hard enough work D. work hard enough
28. Not until Mr. Smith came to China what kind of country she is.
A. he knew B. he didn’t know C. did he know D. he couldn’t know
29. Scientists say it may be ten years this medicine was put to use.
A. since B. before C. after D. when
30. In some countries, is called “equality” does not really mean equal rights for all people.
A. that B. what C. which D. how
31. We didn’t know his telephone number, otherwise we him.
A. would telephone B. would have telephone
C. had telephoned D. must have telephoned
32. We’ve missed the last bus, I’m afraid we have no but to take a taxi.
A. way B. possibility C. choice D. selection
33. Luckily, most sheep the flood last month.
A. endured B. survived C. lived D. passed
34. My parents always let me have my own of living.
A. way B. method C. manner D. fashion
35. Like other language skills, reading requires practice.
A. the most of B. much of the C. most of the D. more of the
36. It is only through practice one will be able to swim skillfully.
A. what B. who C. that D. which
37. The brain is capable of ignoring pain message of to concentrate on other activities.
A. it allowed B. is it allowed C. allowed D. allowed it
38. Don’t worry, I have already them the decision.
A. informed; with B. informed; of C. informed; for D. informed; that
39. The child was sorry his mother when he arrived at the station.
A. to miss B. having missed C. missing D. to have missed
40. I wonder why he to discuss the problem at the meeting.
A. declined B. rejected C. refused D. delayed
41. You can hang up what you like on these walls.
A. bare B. empty C. blank D. vacant
42. According to a , the majority would rather have newspapers without a government than a government without newspapers.
A. election B. campaign C. poll D. vote
43. The population of the village has decreased 150 to 500.
A. in B. at C. by D. with
44. It seems that there is that I can’t do.
A. nothing B. anything C. everything D. none
45. They are often caring more about animals than human beings.
A. accused if B. accused with C. charged of D. charged for
46. a good beginning is made, the word is half done.
A. As soon as B. While C. As D. Once
47. George could not his foolish mistake.
A. account in B. count on C. count for D. account for
48. We came into this field late, so we must work hard to the lost time.
A. make up for B. make out C. keep up with D. put up with
49. The new law will came into on the day it is passed.
A. effect B. use C. service D. existence
50. We can separate the mixture into the pure chemical compounds it is composed.
A. in which B. of what C. of which D. from which
51. Mrs. Lincoln has that she is unable to get a job.
A. such small education B. so little education
C. a such little education D. a so small education
52. She can’t prevent her little boy shooting birds.
A. from; to B. on; at C. with; up D. from; at
53. Many countries are increasing their use of natural gas, wind and other forms of .
A. energy B. source C. power D. material
54. A darkened sky in the daytime is usually and indication that a storm is .
A. possible coming B. about to take place
C. close by D. expected to be severe
55. We all know that speak louder than words.
A. movements B. performance C. operations D. actions
56. , he could not cover the whole distance in fifteen minutes.
A. Fast as he can B. As he can ran fast
C. If he can ran fast D. Since he ran fast
57. Agricultural production in that country has increased in recent years.
A. vastly B. strikingly C. considerably D. extremely
58. Peter has planned to some money every month so that he can buy a used car next year.
A. set aside B. set up C. set in D. set along
59. Although I spoke to him many times, he never took any of what I said.
A. attention B. notice C. warning D. observation
60. They overcame all the difficulties and fulfilled the plan three months ahead of time, is something we had not expected.
A. that B. what C. it D. which